Earbuds have come a long way – some fit into your ears so comfortably and offer the ability to talk on your phone through a small microphone that they become part of your daily look. They also perform as a non-verbal boundary to keep chatty, fellow passengers using public transportation from engaging in conversation!
To keep your tech looking as great as you do – you have to first admit that they have a dirty job. When they’re not inside your ears they are bouncing around a gym bag, purse or backpack. We are going to share an easy way to clean your earbuds.
These devices are probably cleaned as often as your television’s remote control – never! Let’s take care of these neglected tech essentials long before your beloved earbuds turn the color of your earwax. Molly Maid has simple tips give your earbuds the clean they desperately need:
- Unplug them from your device.
- If using a brand with the mesh covering, remove the mesh.
- Mix a drop of dishwashing soap with a cup of warm water in a small bowl.
- Dip the corner of a clean microfiber cloth into the soapy water.
- Ring out extra moisture from the cloth.
- Use caution not to get the earbuds too wet and avoid the microphone if included, and scrub your earbuds to remove residue.
- Use the dry side of the cloth and wipe the earpiece.
- Dip a cotton swab in alcohol to sanitize the earbuds and allow to air dry.
For easy upkeep, consider keeping a clean microfiber cloth around for weekly touchups. Molly Maid loves microfiber for counter cleaning and dusting as the material removes up to 99% of bacteria without using additional cleaning products! If your smartphone’s screen is looking smudgy, check out some additional tips to safely clean your device.
Leave us a comment – when do you most often wear your earbuds or headphones? We’d love to know! Share this post if someone you know could take a hint and clean up their techie gear!
P.S. If you need help cleaning more than just those nasty earbuds, contact your local Molly Maid or call 1-888-583-6490 to learn more about our flexible cleaning programs.