Kitchen sinks are the perfect bathtubs for babies. No bending over. They’re easy to fill. They make for adorable photos. But washing baby is not the same as washing a dirty dish. You don’t want her to come out smelling like an onion, and you also don’t want abrasive cleaning products coming anywhere close to her sensitive skin.
Sink Bath Cleaning Tips
- Rinse out the sink basin with hot water.
- Sprinkle baking soda in the bottom of the sink and up the sides.
- Dampen a clean dishtowel and scrub away. The baking soda will form a paste that effectively removes stubborn pieces of food and funky smells.
- Thoroughly rinse the sink.
- Plug your drain and fill the sink with several inches of warm water. Use a thermometer to make sure the water is at a safe temperature.
- Get out your bath insert and some bath time toys—if you have them.
- Make sure you have a warm, soft bath towel ready to go.
- Take lots of adorable photos! Like the one below…
Follow these bath time tips to ensure baby gets a clean sink bath that’s free of food scraps and irritants. Chances are your child will love splashing around in the sink almost as much as you’ll love the photos you get out of it! And if you need help cleaning your kitchen, or would just like more time to spend with your family, contact your local Molly Maid or call 1-888-583-6490 to find a flexible cleaning plan that works for your schedule and budget.