The best way to clean blinds is to keep them from getting too dirty in the first place! Molly Maid has been America’s professional
house cleaning service provider for more than 30 years and we have some simple tips to tackle cleaning blinds the right way.
- Vacuums come with several attachments – there are even accessories specifically made for mini blinds. You can also use the upholstery tool on wood, faux wood or fabric blinds, though it may be too intense for metal blinds. Follow up with a dry or slightly dampened microfiber cloth to make sure you remove caked on dust.
- Forced air from furnaces, air conditioning and open windows move dust, pet hair and more around homes with gusto. Mark your calendar every three months to change your furnace filter, which will reduce the amount of airborne debris.
- If simple dusting doesn’t do the trick, you may need to remove fabric blinds and take them to your dry cleaner for thorough freshening.
- Once your blinds are dust free, keep them that way longer by running a used dryer sheet over the slats. This trick can help repel future dust from settling.
- Molly Maid always recommends dusting first, and following up by vacuuming to prevent repeat effort!
We also provide a step-by-step guide to a clean house and a free, printable house cleaning checklist on our website to keep on-going chores top of mind.