Usually winter time is flu time but there are no exact dates when the flu season officially starts and ends. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), flu outbreaks can occur as early as October but most flu activity occurs in January or later.
Knowing that, it’s always good to start early! Here are a few of Molly Maid’s tips that we hope will keep you happy and healthy during this upcoming flu season:
- Get a Flu Shot. According to the CDC, the single best way to prevent the flu is to get a flu shot every season. They claim one cannot get the flu from getting a flu shot and they recommend anyone who is 6 months and older should get the vaccine.
- Eat Healthy. Although we may be stating the obvious here, it’s still worth noting that during flu season you should be mindful about eating more fruits, vegetables and whole grains to keep your immune system happy and healthy.
- Just Keep Moving. It’s easy during winter months to curl up on the couch and just veg out. But in order to keep your mind and body healthy during flu season, you should maintain a regular exercise program. Even something as simple as walking 20-30 minutes a day can benefit your physical and mental health.
- Get Your 8 Hours. According to a Harvard study, sleeps plays a critical role in immune function, metabolism, memory, learning and other vital functions. Stay healthy and lower the chances of getting the flu by getting regular sleep.
- Sick? Stay Home. If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms one of the best things you can do to prevent spreading germs to others is by staying home. Read our How to Stop Spreading Germs at Work During Cold/Flu Season blog post to learn more.
- Keep a Clean House. Regularly cleaning surfaces in the home and washing your hands can help lower the risk of spreading germs. Read our How to Keep Your Home Sanitized During Flu Season blog post for more tips.
Do you have a tip to stay healthy during the flu season? Please tell us in the comments section below.
For your home cleaning needs, call the professionals at Molly Maid. Call 1-888-583-6490 now to connect directly with your local Molly Maid. Each maid services team comprises insured, licensed and uniformed housekeepers who are regularly supervised. Click here to request service in your area.