Once you make your plan to regularly clean your home using services like Molly Maid, following a regular pattern of straightening and cleaning makes future cleanings much easier, and can save you money in the long run.
To maintain your home between professional cleaning services follow these top 5 tips:
- Take out the garbage. Don’t allow the garbage to overflow, creating a bigger mess and more work to clean than simply just taking it out.
- Keep up with the dishes. Don’t leave dishes in the sink to soak if they don’t have stuck-on food. This creates unnecessary clutter. Wash them right away or put them directly in the dishwasher.
- Keep up with the laundry. One load per day (depending on the number of people in your home) should help keep clothes from being strewn on bathroom and bedroom floors. And be sure to put the clean clothes away in their proper drawers or closet.
- Mind your floors. Keep a handheld vacuum near the bathroom/kitchen to easily sweep up pesky hairs and crumbs.
- Clean the stove top. Make a habit of cleaning the stove top after each use. If something spills over into the drip pan while cooking, promptly remove and wash it after it has cooled down. Better now than later when the spilled food has dried, or worse, cooked on.
- BONUS: Try and take five minutes to tidy up the most busy rooms in your house before going to bed. Spend a few minutes putting toys, newspapers/magazines, clothes, shoes, etc. in their proper place.
What do you think of our top tips? What is one thing you do EVERYDAY to keep your house looking tidy? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below.